Can you believe Summer is almost over and Fall is just around the corner?!
Well regardless of the “seasonal change” in Houston, here are a couple of easy healthy recipes to help you get ready for the Fall.
27 Awesome Easy Lunches To Bring To Work
(What could be better than hearing the words “healthy” and “pizza” in the same sentence?)
Zucchini Pizza is great healthy alternative to Pizza. Skip the bread, sub some veggies, still delicious!
Salt & Pepper
1. Slice the Zucchini long ways. Heat up a pan with a bit of oil. Saute the Zucchini to until it’s almost cooked through. Go light on the oil, I always use a Paper Towel to get any excess oil off the Zucchini.
2. After you pat off the excess oil. Put your Zucchini on tin foil or a cookie sheet and build your pizza. I add a little Salt and Pepper on the zucchini, spoon on some Marinara, Sprinkle Jack Cheese and Parmesan on top.
3. Broil on Low for 5 Minutes and you’re ready to eat your delicious and healthy Zucchini Pizza!
And for dessert…
NO BAKE Protein Peanut Butter Cups
-4 Cupcake Liners
-2 TB of PB2
-1 TB of water (*may need more)
-2 TB of Plain Greek Yogurt
-1 TB of coco powder (unsweetened)
-1 Scoop of [Chocolate Muscle Milk Protein Powder]
-1 Stevia Packet or a small spoonful of Honey *For Taste
1. Mix together the Coco Powder, Greek Yogurt, and [Chocolate Muscle Milk Protein Powder] . Slowly one TB at a time, add water, until the mixture is easy to pour (NOT THICK).
2. Next (in a separate bowl) mix together your PB2 & water. You may have to slowly add water so that this mixture is also a liquid consistent.
3. First pour your chocolate mixture into the bottom of the cupcake liners, about a quater of the way up. Then Pour your PB2 mixture in.
4. And one more time, Top it off with some more of the Chocolate Mixture. NOTE: You don’t want to fill these up too high since they are mostly “liquid”.
5. Now just pop them in the freezer for about 15 minutes and your all done! I store my leftover ones in the freezer in tupperware containers. They are a great snack when I’m having a chocolate craving!
Total Calories: 87 (one peanut butter cup)
*recipe makes 4 peanut butter cups